Tuesday 25 August 2009

Children teach themselves and each other

I was once more at the Montparnasse tower tonight to show it to my new friend Matt. We got talking about education and how he wants to start a website with his girlfriend to inform Czech students about opportunities to study abroad. Our views on education are very similar and I am looking forward to following the progress of the project! We agree that people need to know much more about all the opportunities that are out there!

He also talked about a film he saw about a school where children teach themselves and each other. I started googling the subject a bit and found a great talk by Sugata Mitra on children discovering how a computer works and teaching each other (link) and on youtube, Tom Munneke also answers some questions on peer teaching (link). Matt suggested that children can easily make other children enthusiastic about stuff and I have to agree! As a child you are very likely to check stuff out that is reccomended to you by a friend while you might not do it anymore as an adult because you think you know your exact taste and as a child you are more open minded.

Matt and I also went to a graffiti exhibition in a modern art centre which was quite cool. Tonight, on the way home I saw some amazing pictures on the metro wall- I wish I could draw like that! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment