Wednesday 2 September 2009

Back in the UK

Crazy to think that I am already back in the UK since 5 days! My new flaat is great and on Thursday my furniture will be finally be delivered so I can move in properly. My primary school placement will start on Monday (after an NSFA meeting on Saturday in London) and uni will already begin a week later- where has the summer gone? :-)

To get back in the writing habit, I had another go at one of my old screenplays today and also wrote an article for the AERO magazine about the conference. Ron (Miller) is going to have a look at it tomorrow and I am looking forward to his comments and (constructive) criticism. Although I wrote around 40.000 words last year for my course, it took me a while to get back into the writing routine and I am already dreading the tons of assignments that are waiting for me on the PGCE!

Now that my four weeks in Paris have also come to an end, I wanted to drop down some quick thoughts on things you should not miss out on if you are in Paris:

- Walking up the butte de Montmartre in the evening, eating great ice cream and seeing Paris from the Sacre Coer
- Talking up a sport, in French, and meeting great people
- Going up the Tour Montparnasse at night, seeing the whole of Paris and the setting sun behind
the Eiffel tower
- Having a walk and lunch in the beautiful park of
the Musee Rodin
- Seeing Monet's Water Lillies in the Musee l'Orangerie
- Watching a documentary about Notre Dame in the cathedral at 9.30pm
- getting of at the Odeon Metro stop and wandering around St German de Pres
- visiting the Marais on Friday or Saturday night
- sitting on a bench in the Parc Luxembourg
- having lunch next to the crazy well of the Centre Pompidou
- experiencing free open air cinema at the Parc de la
Villette
- having lunch in the cute cafe on the first floor of the Louvre with a view of the Pyramides
- lying on the sun in the Paris Plage
- taking part in an awesome cycling tour of Paris
- having great, great pastries in the best patisserie in Paris, Laduree
- sitting on the Champs de Mars with a picnic

After all, I was very sad to leave Paris, but of course I am also extremely excited about the great things that lie ahead of me! Just the experience of working in a primary school is already something I am really looking forward to. May the new year begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment